Apr 10, 2023
Introducing Redpanda: Kafka-compatible data streaming
Redpanda is a data streaming platform. Its website explains its positioning in the market and product strategy as follows (to differentiate it from Apache Kafka):
- No Java: A JVM-free and ZooKeeper-free infrastructure.
- Designed in C++: Designed for a better performance than Apache Kafka.
- A single-binary architecture: No dependencies to other libraries or nodes.
- Self-managing and self-healing: A simple but scalable architecture for on-premise and cloud deployments.
- Kafka-compatible: Out-of-the-box support for the Kafka protocol with existing applications, tools, and integrations.
I will share some of my learnings later in other articles..